Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-display] Blockifications should establish BFC in block containers

From: Ilya Streltsyn via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2018 12:42:27 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> establishing a new FC isn't something I consider intrinsic to blockification, it's a side-effect

Can't it be considered the other way round — that the blockification is a side-effect of the establishing new FC for the part of _flow_ content? The primary reason is the incompatibility of the `flow` inner display type of the element with the environment it needs to be put in, and the only box type that can contain the flow layout was previously the _block_ container, that is why the original outer display is _converted to block_, or _blockified?_

--
GitHub Notification of comment by SelenIT
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2673#issuecomment-399090099 using your GitHub account