[csswg-drafts] [css-tables-3] max-width on table cells

From: fantasai via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2018 03:53:46 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
fantasai has just created a new issue for https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts:

In https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1643#issuecomment-380180488 @davidsgrogan wrote:
> >   table-cells aren't allowed to ever overflow, even if you try to explicitly size them
>
> This isn't the first time I've read this, but there appears to be a simple counterexample. Could you take a moment to explain the apparent contradiction, for my own edification (or possibly for yours)?
>
> ```
> ```
> https://jsfiddle.net/dgrogan/9uduq99L/5/

I haven't looked into this in detail, so I might be missing something, but results of the test appear to contradict the css-tables-3 spec where it says

> The outer max-content width of a table-cell in a constrained column is max(min-width, width, min-content width, min(max-width, width)) adjusted by the cell intrinsic offsets.

so filing this issue for further investigation by the css-tables-3 editors~

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2802 using your GitHub account