Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-fonts] font-size: 'medium' value is the user's preferred font size

From: Gérard Talbot via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2018 02:44:36 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> I'm also far from convinced that changing the spec in a direction that is now what is implemented, just because of a statement that used to be in CSS 1 and 2, is the right thing to do.

The reality is: mainstream browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Edge, Safari, Opera) treat and consider 'medium' value to be the user's preferred font size. This is not a wish. This is not enhancement request. This is reality.

> since the discussion here does not seem close to resolution

I do not understand why you are saying that.

CSS3 Fonts says:

> The ‘medium’ value is used as the reference middle value.

and what I am asking for (which is **already in CSS2.x**) is:

> The 'medium' value is the user's preferred font size and is used as the reference middle value.

The difference is exactly these 7 words:

--
GitHub Notification of comment by TalbotG
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2430#issuecomment-398606787 using your GitHub account