Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-shapes] Allow shape-outside to apply to initial letter

From: anjia via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2018 06:57:39 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Oh, yeah, I think I got the key point of this issue now.

I prefer `shape-outside should always override ...`. Firstly, it's more simple to use, more easy to understand. Secondly, it's convenient to fallback. If it needs to specify the two properties like following.
```css
initial-letter-wrap: wrap;
shape-outside: circle() /* or something else */
```
And assume that if `shape-outside` is invalid (due to either the wrong value or browser compat),
it would become difficult to let the other behaviors of `initial-letter-wrap` to be valid, because it had been used to set to wrap the value to make `shape-outside` to be valid.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by anjia
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/885#issuecomment-396485814 using your GitHub account