Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-grid-1] gCS() of grid-row-start/etc properties should return used values?

From: fantasai via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2018 02:02:21 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> What value should be returned for auto on a grid-aligned abs.pos. child?

I think the only sensible thing to do would be to return `auto`, since nothing else would make sense.

> Note: returning used values means we have to flush any pending style / layout changes to get the correct value. This can lead to performance issues.

This is true if the author pulls gCS on e.g. `grid-template-columns` as well, though, right? We're already returning used styles for that.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2681#issuecomment-396441751 using your GitHub account