Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-grid-2] support automatic grid span for subgrids?

From: fantasai via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2018 22:04:14 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Tagging @rachelandrew and @jensimmons for comment here. It's certainly possible, but I don't know how useful this would be or if there are nearby use cases we should be sure to address when resolving this.

Note that if the subgrid doesn't receive line names from its parent grid, we could even resolve the entire implicit grid first (as I think the original feature did), so there's also the option of either including the implicit grid when some line-name-scoping keyword is assigned to the subgrid or disabling line name inheritance when the subgrid has an automatic span.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2565#issuecomment-396402024 using your GitHub account