Re: [csswg-drafts] Add support for a new list counter named 'persian-alpha' [css-persian-alpha]

From: Tab Atkins Jr. via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2018 16:10:51 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
The set of predefined counter styles is limited just to those that were predefined in CSS 2.1 (which is a pretty arbitrary set), plus a few that were difficult to reproduce with the @counter-style rule.  I don't think implementors are interested in adding new ones.

However, the [Predefined Counter Styles doc](https://www.w3.org/TR/predefined-counter-styles/) is where we moved a ton of other styles that can be written with @counter-style, and they'd be glad to accept additions like this.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2753#issuecomment-396298353 using your GitHub account