Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-transforms-1] User coordinate space statement breaks SVG

From: Dirk Schulze via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2018 05:55:53 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I think my previous statement is incorrect in a way and so is the following spec text:

> In particular the patternUnits, gradientUnits and maskUnits attributes don’t affect the user coordinate system used for transformations [SVG11].

[patternUnits](https://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/pservers.html#PatternElementPatternUnitsAttribute), [gradientUnits](https://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/pservers.html#LinearGradientElementGradientUnitsAttribute) and [maskUnits](https://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/masking.html#MaskElementMaskUnitsAttribute) clearly state that the transform gets applied after the coordinate transformation by those attributes. So, the transforms apply in the pattern space, gradient space or mask space. Only for `<clipPath>`, the coordinate space is the user coordinate space of the target.

I’ll change the spec text to reflect that and simply link to the *units attributes that would define the mapping of pattern space an co.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by dirkschulze
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/893#issuecomment-394061351 using your GitHub account