Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-nesting] request to pick up the css-nesting proposal

From: Lea Verou via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2018 17:51:48 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
@tobireif I sympathize with the usability concerns you are expressing (especially since usability is my research area). However, in this group we tend to take implementor concerns very seriously into account. Specs that are not implementable are just pointless fantasy documents. If you want to argue that the ampersand should not be required, a technical argument about how to implement that within bounded lookahead would be more effective than a philosophical argument. Also do note that the current spec does not prevent making the ampersand optional in the future, if a good way to implement that performantly comes up.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by LeaVerou
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2701#issuecomment-393959546 using your GitHub account