Re: [csswg-drafts] [selectors4] Name the “functional pseudo-class like :matches() with 0 specificity”

From: Tab Atkins Jr. via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2018 23:16:10 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
In addition to what @fantasai said...

> Btw, may I remind you all that gradients were shipped everywhere and we changed their syntax for much less serious reasons than those described here.

The major churn we introduced with gradients was a terrible mistake and I wouldn't repeat it if I could go back in time.  It's absolutely not appropriate to point to as a precedent.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2143#issuecomment-361767595 using your GitHub account