Re: [csswg-drafts] Test-suite, Ahem font

On Fri, 2018-01-19 at 01:00 +0000, Geoffrey Sneddon wrote:

> [...] I think we've always decided that it's simply too much effort
> to go through and add `@font-face` to every test case that uses it.

Isn't there a move for browsers to ignore installed fonts and use only
embedded plus serif/sans/mono/fantasai/cursive or whatever the list is?

What if the test harness JavaScript code injected @font-face for Ahem
to every test??

CSS never did have a way to distinguish two fonts of the same name but
from different foundries (there's a sans-serif text face called Symbol,
for example, which is not at all the same as Adobe Symbol), nor to
request a specific-or-later version of a font, but i'm not aware of any
other fonts called "ahem", so the only problem is not having installed
the font, not getting the wrong font.

--
Liam Quin, W3C, http://www.w3.org/People/Quin/
Staff contact for Verifiable Claims WG, SVG WG, XQuery WG

Web slave for http://www.fromoldbooks.org/

--
GitHub Notification of comment by liamquin
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2200#issuecomment-358851582 using your GitHub account