Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-ui] Introduce "except" property to exempt "outline" from "all" (#3466)

From: Krzysztof Maczyński via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2018 10:27:00 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Indeed, it seems to necessitate redefining the mechanism of `all`, abandonning its shorthand status. It being one is a stretch anyway, a specification device, not something reflected in implementations, which treat it as a special case, I suppose.

You mean empty string instead of `none` as a value of `except`? I thought about it too and wondered if the grammar allows it (didn't check), remembering however that no property I've ever seen standardized or even proposed allowed such syntax, I opted for a keyword. Not married to it though.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by ByteEater-pl
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3466#issuecomment-449837364 using your GitHub account