Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-values] Limit nested pairs of parentheses in calc to 32 (#3462)

From: Martin <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2018 12:28:09 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Ideally the limit should be a minimum so that authors can have guarantee and as technical limits matter less in the future the ceiling can be lifted and use cases may occur we did not realise.

A spec should never really have a maximum limit in my opinion.

Is there precedence for min/max limits? What about limits on amount of CSS selectors or how many CSS stylesheets you can import or link to? Is a limit here a dangerous precedent or would asking implementations to guarantee some minimum be more reasonable?

--
GitHub Notification of comment by Martin-Pitt
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3462#issuecomment-449376326 using your GitHub account