Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-text-3] Assorted editorial clarifications/requests (#3461)

From: Myles C. Maxfield via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2018 21:43:27 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Oh, one more:

> We will refer to the the typographic character unit as the basic unit of text. ... The typographic character represents ... a Latin alphabetic letter (including its diacritics), Hangul syllable, ..."

This seems to say that a typographic character unit often corresponds to more than one code point.

> A typographic letter unit or letter for the purpose of this specification is a typographic character unit belonging to one of the Letter or Number general categories in Unicode

The general categories are categories of a single code point. How can we determine the general category for an entire multi-code-point-sequence?

--
GitHub Notification of comment by litherum
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3461#issuecomment-448754237 using your GitHub account