Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-grid] Non-existent line names in abspos grid items (#3445)

From: Mats Palmgren via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2018 23:40:34 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
>  thus an implicit grid line (4) is created and considered to have foo as name.

I think the "and considered to have foo as name" is a bit misleading.  There is no such thing as an implicit line that only matches a single name. Since that implicit line exist it also matches any other name, so it also matches "bar".

Given that an implicit line **does exist** in this case, and that implicit lines match all names, the spec text from 9.1 that you quote does not apply since the line is neither "non-existent" nor outside the existing implicit grid.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by MatsPalmgren
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3445#issuecomment-448040956 using your GitHub account