Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-text][css-sizing] When to/not to include preserved trailing spaces (#3440)

From: Koji Ishii via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2018 13:58:20 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Thank you for asking.

> What do you mean by "Not include" vs. "Ignore justify" in the row of text-align: justify?

"Not include" mean to ignore trailing spaces and flush the end of non-space character. "Ignore justify" means justification is not applied.

For `min-content`, !wrap (i.e., `pre`) is interoperable, all impls include trailing spaces. When wrap (`pre-wrap`), the desired behavior is not clear to me. We wrap at spaces, and such trailing spaces are not removed, but 3 impls do not include it when computing `min-content`.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3440#issuecomment-446977290 using your GitHub account