Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-fonts-4] font-display says it's valid in @font-feature-values but it isn't an at-rule (#2973)

From: Lea Verou via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2018 18:02:36 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
(typed my comment too slowly to be recorded in the minutes, so I'm reposting here)

Besides concerns about use cases, I'm also a bit concerned that we are introducing a mechanism to override that is so different than the cascade and completely breaks with reordering. It's two different mental models for doing very similar things, which is a usability antipattern. I was wondering if we can somehow "match" the defined `@font-face` (or other) rule and override it in a more cascade-like manner.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by LeaVerou
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2973#issuecomment-446683982 using your GitHub account