Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-scrollbars][proposal] Define the scrollable area of an element (#3428)

From: Xidorn Quan via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2018 11:18:32 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> @upsuper After working on geckos `scrollbar-width/scrollbar-color` features what would you think about insetting scrollbars from the edge of their scroll containers? Or at least inset in the direction of their scrolling axis?

I don't think they have much similarity. Controlling scrollable area is a totally different topic than styling the scrollbar. That may be much harder given that there have been many scrolling-related features added, and browsers have invested a lot on optimizing scrolling.

I don't really understand the usecase to be honest...

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3428#issuecomment-446552579 using your GitHub account