Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-shadow-parts-1] Can class name selectors apply to a part? (#3431)

From: fergald via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2018 04:58:49 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I think there would be ergonomic advantages to `[attr="value"]` if you were able to set attributes indiviually as you can on a HTML element but if you're setting them inside `part-attribute="attr=value"` then there's very little win on top of just doing `part="attr=value"` which gives you a part named `attr=value`.

We also need to think about forwarding from deeper shadow-trees. Would we need a way to forward and rename attributes? If they're just part names we already have that ability (although we would want wildcard forwarding to be able to forward `attr=value`, see #3422).

--
GitHub Notification of comment by fergald
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3431#issuecomment-446462537 using your GitHub account