Re: [csswg-drafts] Remove the "content" requirement for ::before and ::after? [css-pseudo] (#3419)

From: jonjohnjohnson via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2018 02:46:19 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
@Pomax when @dbaron says

> Also, I think it's quite common to style ::before and ::after quite generally with the assumption that those styles only apply to the pseudo-elements that are brought into existence by the content property.

He means the change will break websites. A big part of the living specs is to not break things. I for one know I have code out in the wild that would break if this was changed.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by jonjohnjohnson
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3419#issuecomment-446052627 using your GitHub account