Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-break-4] Should margin-break apply to elements or fragmentation containers? (#3314)

From: Bernhard Fey via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2018 17:03:09 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I'm not sure how multiple nested elements with collapsing top margins right after a page break should behave if their `margin-break` values vary.
I will try to put together some graphics to help further explain my issue as soon as time permits.

About `margin-trim` and fragmentation:
I think that for `box-decoration-break: clone` applying `margin-trim` per fragment may be the right approach, but I'm not really sure there.
However, for `box-decoration-break: slice` I think `margin-trim` should by applied per element.
But those are mostly my first impressions, I have not gone through use-cases or anything.
BTW, should that be its own issue?

--
GitHub Notification of comment by bernhardf-ro
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3314#issuecomment-444948435 using your GitHub account