[csswg-drafts] [cssom-view] scrollIntoView accessibility (#3400)

From: Matsuko via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2018 19:11:38 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
missmatsuko has just created a new issue for https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts:

== [cssom-view] scrollIntoView accessibility ==
When I use scrollIntoView to smooth-scroll to an element, I expected that element to receive focus, like targeted elements do when clicking a hashed anchor link.

Seems like Firefox does focus the element passed to scrollIntoView, but Chrome doesn't.
I did not see this addressed in the spec, or an existing issue for this.

[https://drafts.csswg.org/cssom-view/#dom-element-scrollintoview](scrollIntoView spec)
[https://github.com/iamdustan/smoothscroll/issues/50](Issue on smoothscroll polyfill)

* please tag the issue title with the spec's shortname, like `[css-foo]`
* please link to the spec section you're talking about, or at least the spec

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3400 using your GitHub account