Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-text] Syntax for percentage-of-width-of-space for 'word-spacing' (#3232)

From: Florian Rivoal via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2018 23:57:23 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> An "sp" unit? This always struck me as an obvious gap in the font-related units, and it's no different to calculating "ch" or "ic"

That would inherit as a length, and we're looking for something that inherits as a proportion.

An `sp` unit isn't inherently wrong, but it is sufficiently close to the `ch` unit that the demand isn't terribly strong.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3232#issuecomment-443916472 using your GitHub account