[csswg-drafts] Improve the name of window.navigate (#3362)

From: Florian Rivoal via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2018 07:42:00 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
frivoal has just created a new issue for https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts:

== Improve the name of window.navigate ==
---

Migrated from https://github.com/WICG/spatial-navigation/issues/120
Originally created by @frivoal on *Wed, 17 Oct 2018 05:21:10 GMT*

---
Previously in #70, we discussed whether `window.navigate()` was a great name for this API or not. It seems like it could be confused with navigating to a new URL, so some better name would be good.

However, no suggestion so far seems to work:
* `focusNavigate()` or other names invoking focus are wrong, because it can also scroll things instead of focusing them
* `directionalNavigate()` or `spatialNavigate()` or similar are also problematic, because this method should be possible to extend to sequential navigation by passing it a `"prev"` or `"next"` argument, and that does not work with such names.

So, leaving this issue open to see if we can do better.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3362 using your GitHub account