Re: [csswg-drafts] [selectors] Functional pseudo-class like :matches() with 0 specificity

From: François REMY via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2017 05:42:29 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
FWIW, I'm not supportive of this proposal either. I was just pointing out that its technically expensive to do and therefore unlikely to get any implementer traction.

Saying whether or not it has enough use cases is beyond my desire to debate this topic, so I just didn't comment on that (but I tend to agree I do not believe people want this behavior in the uses cases I've seen; in the cases where you want use this, you usually *want* to use source order and direct control).

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1170#issuecomment-333285748 using your GitHub account