Re: [csswg-drafts] [selectors] Functional pseudo-class like :matches() with 0 specificity

From: Brad Kemper via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2017 20:47:07 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Forget about “1/1000 of specificity”, and read my next post. Selectors inside a `*:matches()` function would always lose to those outside it, just as class selectors always lose to ID selectors. What could go wrong?

I just think that you can have your cake and eat it too, by doing it the way I described. The cascade would be internally very useful still, without hecking up anything outside of the function. We don’t have to throw the baby out with the bath water.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by bradkemper
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1170#issuecomment-333235040 using your GitHub account