Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-logical-props] `border‐radius`

From: Chris Harvey via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2017 14:05:59 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Another thing to consider is the order of the two-value syntax for ellipse radii.

In the current spec, `border-top-left-radius: 55px 25px;` sets the x-radius (horizontal) to 55px and y-radius (vertical) to 25px. However if we want to use the convention "block before inline" this may have to be reconsidered.

On one hand, it would be much more consistent to have Y before X for everything, so authors don't have to remember which properties are “X before Y” (like background-size) and which are “Y before X” (like margin). But I think that's more of a theoretical than practical way of thinking.

On the other hand, if the x- and y- axes of the ellipse truly don't depend on direction/writing-mode, then it might be best to keep as is.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by chharvey
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/491#issuecomment-332209261 using your GitHub account