Re: [csswg-drafts] [cssom-view] Add notIfViewed to ScrollIntoViewOptions; add FocusScrollOptions

From: Jihye Hong via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2017 09:55:39 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
 I don't have a strong preference between these two:
- Add `scroll` dictionary member scroll which can have `always` or `if-needed` as a value.
- Add "-if-needed" suffixes to the keywords in ScrollLogicalPosition

But it looks like the second choice has more benefits for developers.

Apart from that, when `focus({ scrollOptions: { scroll: "always" } });`, does `always` mean that the scrolling happens to the element wherever it is positioned?
Or does it work only excluding the element which is entirely out of the view?
I think `always` should work for the element which is entirely or partially in the view.

If it's not, there is no way to do that case.

Position | -- | --  | -- | --
Entirely in the view | O | X | X | X
Partially in the view | O | O | X | X
Entirely out of the view | O | O | O | X
IDL | focus({   scrollOptions: { scroll: "always" } }); | ?!  | focus({ scrollOptions: { scroll: "if-needed" } }); | focus({ preventScroll: true });

--
GitHub Notification of comment by jihyerish
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/pull/1805#issuecomment-331109979 using your GitHub account