Re: [csswg-drafts] Arrow-index property [css4-ui]

From: Florian Rivoal via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2017 04:22:03 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
The `nav-*` properties and a potential `tab-index` or `nav-next` are modifying an existing behavior of the browser. Tab focusing and spatial navigation are assumed to be supported things the browser can already do, and the properties just influence the order in which you focus things.

Unless I am missing something, the arrow focusing you're speaking of isn't a pre-existing thing supported by the browser.

That doesn't mean nothing can be done, but that seems like a larger chunk of new functionality, which needs to define how it interacts with other key related events and the like. I'm not 100% sure this would belong in a CSS spec.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1762#issuecomment-330425206 using your GitHub account