Re: [csswg-drafts] [selectors] Functional pseudo-class like :matches() with 0 specificity

From: Lea Verou via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2017 19:33:46 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
@tabatkins
Interesting idea, certainly more readable than current specificity hacks!
However, I wonder if it would be better to add single-argument `:is()` to level 4 and extend to allow for a second argument in Level 5? I'm a bit concerned that the extra functionality might slow down implementations, and since selectors don't fall back as gracefully as other unsupported CSS features, adoption will be slow anyway.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by LeaVerou
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1170#issuecomment-329878890 using your GitHub account