Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-variables] User Agent properties and variables

From: François REMY via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2017 19:56:02 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> Potentially browsers that support this could add CSS units that are 1/100th's of the safe area (analogous to vw/vh).

That is the whole point of the proposal for "Use Agent Variables", the values we are talking about are exactly similar to variables containing the size of the safe/unsafe area.

I don't want to discourage talking about render-safe-area and other proposals, but in a different issue (such that the current issue can stay focused on ironing out the user-agent variables proposal).

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1693#issuecomment-329279000 using your GitHub account