Re: [csswg-drafts] [css21][css-inline] behavior differences when the primary font does not contain U+0020

From: Koji Ishii via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2017 15:42:52 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> Either way, browsers differ. So...

I agree with your view. Maybe you can raise your findings and that the difference you found was missed in the discussion? I don't know the history of what Blink does, but if fonts without U+0020 (in its `unicode-range` descriptor) are primarily for icons or emoji, it makes sense not to use its metrics. There maybe other cases where other implementers decided not to do so.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1798#issuecomment-329209323 using your GitHub account