Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-writing-modes][css-values] Font metrics calculation on elements which writing-mode doesn't apply to

From: L. David Baron via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2017 00:51:01 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
[Section 6.1.2](https://www.w3.org/TR/2011/REC-CSS2-20110607/cascade.html#computed-value) already says:
> The computed value exists even when the property does not apply, as defined by the 'Applies To' line. However, some properties may define the computed value of a property for an element to depend on whether the property applies to that element.

which I think is clear enough one of the underlying points here.  It should probably be part of a level 3 draft somewhere if isn't already, though.

(Linking to the 2.1 REC rather than editor's drafts because I've lost track of which editor's draft is which, and which editor's draft (if any) is reliable.)

--
GitHub Notification of comment by dbaron
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1782#issuecomment-329025447 using your GitHub account