Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-display] Does run-in algorithm run multiple times for each run-in sequence?

From: sandstrom via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2017 11:58:57 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but I'm wondering why `run-in` is marked as *at risk*?

It saddened me that run-in was removed from Chrome earlier.

It's very useful for writing semantic html (headings/paragraphs) while being able to style the heading to be part of the subsequent block. It is also useful in single-page apps where 'widgets' are composed of custom-elements/web-components, and the element should be separate in the html source, but presented as a run-in visually.

I really hope it can be re-introduced as part of `css-display-3`. The alternative to achieve similar styling is brittle and error prone (usually position:relative + top offset values).

***

*Please let me know if there is another place that's better for comments like this.*

--
GitHub Notification of comment by sandstrom
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1460#issuecomment-328830802 using your GitHub account