Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-align][css-grid] Baseline self-alignment may affect the intrinsic size contribution of the alignment subject.

From: Javier Fernandez Garcia-Boente via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2017 22:33:36 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Computing baseline alignment as part of the Resolve Intrinsic Size may work, although I still need some time to do some preliminary implementation to understand its complexity and potential issues.

However, I'm not sure I fully understand this paragraph:

> The extra space required to accommodate an item’s participation in baseline alignment is distributed by calculating the shims required for including their participation with already-considered items (those of lesser or equal spanning size) and distributing the shims’ space as if it were part of the shimmed items’ original size contribution.

Among which objects/items the extra space is distributed ?
Which are those elements 'already-considered' ?
What's the "shimmed item's original size' ?

I think this statement is really confusing. Would it be possible to have a example of how it should be applied ?

--
GitHub Notification of comment by javifernandez
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1039#issuecomment-327035112 using your GitHub account