Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-inline] Should initial-letter-wrap: all consider text-shadow or other effects?

From: Alan Stearns via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2017 00:53:58 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
This example can't be done without exclusions, as without exclusions there is no way to break up the four lines in the middle. I don't think it's generally a good idea to do this, but this example is particularly bad with these unhyphenated (and syllabically-challenged) breaks:
ex perience
expr essed

Aside from that, I can see the benefit to avoiding the ink from a text shadow. I'd probably want to see evidence that people were converting their type effects to images and using shape-outside to achieve this effect before asking browsers to bake it in.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by astearns
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1922#issuecomment-340627848 using your GitHub account