Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-backgrounds][css3-background] Consider removing the spread distance adjustment for small border radii

From: Markus Stange via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2017 17:08:56 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Interesting! That's a very compelling argument. I have two requests, then:
1. Please mention that the purpose of this adjustment is to avoid discontinuous behavior at border-radius: 0.
2. Please clarify the behavior for inset box-shadows. If I understand correctly, for inset box shadows, all occurrences of "spread distance" need to be replaced with the "negative spread distance", because only negative spread distance values cause the border radius to be increased for inset box shadows. Maybe it would be good to introduce another variable here, like "shadow edge inflation", that's set to the spread radius for outset box shadows and the negative spread radius for inset box shadows.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by mstange
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1900#issuecomment-339062836 using your GitHub account