[csswg-drafts] Pull Request: Spelling & grammar markers

From: Florian Rivoal via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2017 08:53:24 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
frivoal has just labeled a pull request from frivoal for https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts as "css-text-decor-3":

== Spelling & grammar markers ==
This pull requests is an attempt to solve https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1828, based on what I think we were converging towards in during the [conf call](https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1828#issuecomment-334319887).

A possible variant of this would be to add the two new values to `text-decoration-style` instead of `text-decoration-line`. Arguably, if UAs wanted to allow it, `text-decoration: overline spelling-error` is slightly more likely to be a meaningful combination than `text-decoration: solid spelling-error`.

However, neither are motivated by real use cases, and the syntax I chose in this PR means the feature can be activated with just `text-decoration: spelling-error` or `text-decoration-line: spelling-error`, rather than having to specify `text-decoration: spelling-error underline`, expecting the underline part to be ignored, in order to avoid the longhand expansion to `text-decoration-line: none; text-decoration-style: spelling-error;` that would happen if it were left out.

See https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/pull/1881