Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-ui-3] auto cursor should behaves as default cursor except for text?

From: François REMY via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2017 17:44:56 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org

Sounds good enough to me. > > [...] we do not show a text-beam cursor on already-selected text but the default arrow instead (presumably to indicate the user can right-click to open the context menu).

> I think it could be considered allowed under this part of the spec:
> > User agents may also ignore the cursor property and display a cursor of their choice to indicate various states of the UA’s user interface, such as a busy cursor when the page is not responding, or a text cursor when the user is performing text selection.
>
> but that feels a bit like a stretch. Any suggestion?

Actually, this sounds good enough to me.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1598#issuecomment-336213181 using your GitHub account