Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-text] Propose 'text-indent: previous-line' or similar

From: Florian Rivoal via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2017 01:38:51 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I think this is commonly found in longform text in verse. Not the most common form of writing currently, but certainly one with lots of existing content.

I cannot comment about how browsers would prioritize this, but I'd support having it.

+1 to scoping it per BFC, but I don't see why it should be limited to a single column box. I don't think this really simplifies anything, and even if it ends up in a different column, it is still the later half of a verse.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1853#issuecomment-335334294 using your GitHub account