Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-align][css-grid] Baseline self-alignment may affect the intrinsic size contribution of the alignment subject.

From: Javier Fernandez Garcia-Boente via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2017 12:47:37 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I have another question regarding the statement above:

> 1- Size tracks to fit non-spanning items
> In all cases, if any items participate in baseline alignment, perform baseline alignment to calculate the extra space it would require, and add that to the track’s base size and/or growth limit as needed.

In case of orthogonal items we need to know the grid area size in order to compute properly its synthesized baseline. At this stage, we don't known it obviously as that's precisely what we are computing here. What should we do in this case ?

--
GitHub Notification of comment by javifernandez
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1039#issuecomment-333830658 using your GitHub account