Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-scrollbars-1]

From: Nadya678 via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2017 00:03:15 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> scrollbar-3dlight-color, scrollbar-arrow-color, scrollbar-base-color, scrollbar-darkshadow-color, scrollbar-face-color, scrollbar-highlight-color, scrollbar-track-color, scrollbar-shadow-color.

**Definitive "NO" for this solution.**

I propose:
`::scrollbar` - it describe position, base colour, width/height of the scrollbar.
`::scrollbar-thumb` - it describes with use of standard styles the thumb of scrollbar. Including center icon (background-image) if present.
`::scrollbar-prev` - button for scroll left or top,
`::scrollbar-next` - button for scroll right or bottom,
 ::scrollbar-grip` - resizing handle.

Pseudoclasses:
`:vertical, :horizontal, :disabled` (none to scroll if overflow:scroll),` :end `(position is maximum), `:start` (thumb position is 0).

We don't need scrollbar-3dlight-color etc. It is possible to describe scrollbar with use of standard styles for example border-bottom.

Reason: The manipulation of scrollbars shall be complete. The scrollbar is composed with real elements: background, thumb, buttons and there shall be reflected in CSS.
**The scrollbar-darkshadow-color is not applicable for smartphone scrollbar look.**

--
GitHub Notification of comment by Nadya678
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2007#issuecomment-347369609 using your GitHub account