[csswg-drafts] [css4-ui] <select/> field pseudoelements

From: Nadya678 via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2017 23:25:25 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Nadya678 has just created a new issue for https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts:

== [css4-ui] <select/> field pseudoelements ==
Please add for `<select/>` pseudoelements:

select::dropdown-arrow - it will selects an arrow down area. I think, the element can have styles: position, background-image, background-color, border, padding, height, width, box-sizing etc. Probably also float.

select::dropdown-list - it will selects list if is it is dropped.  I think, the element can have styles: position, box-shadow, border, background, padding, height, width, box-sizing.

implementation of standard styles for `<option/>` and `<optgroup/>` including height, width, margin, padding, colour. There is also needed pseudo-class for selected state of option.

Reason: for the moment there is no option to fully style the select field without replacement of it with radio input elements.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2013 using your GitHub account