Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-text] Control characters

From: Greg Whitworth via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2017 16:49:19 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
@kojiishi No this was not a change that I wanted, more that I wanted the breaking change to ship in more than 1 UA so they don't get "bugs".  We do similar to what to @jfkthame has stated, but have yet to turn it on by default. But yes, if the font doesn't have it you should render something as showing nothing kind of defeats the purpose and results in you being in the same state as before where authors can inadvertently have control characters that mess up other peripherals that depend on those CC without meaning to.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by gregwhitworth
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1990#issuecomment-347244574 using your GitHub account