Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-text] Control characters

From: Koji Ishii via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2017 07:12:55 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Ah, that's one interpretation I can agree now with your explanation, but I can still read it differently, since a "glyph" for me is the one from a font, and I didn't imagine a synthesized graphics is a "glyph". Now I understand the text is a bit ambiguous when the font doesn't have the glyph, or have a glyph that doesn't have a ink. The latter is even more complex, I guess it involves heuristic? I'm curious how Gecko implemented it.

This was a request from @gregwhitworth to make browsers interoperable IIUC (correct?), I'm interested to hear which was his intention.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1990#issuecomment-346262894 using your GitHub account