Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-scrollbars][css-scrollbars-1] Use or accept IE initial values for scrollbar-*-color properties

From: Tim Nguyen via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2017 15:46:45 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
@upsuper @tantek Some of the properties inside this spec don't make sense on OSX and Linux. Terms like shadow/highlight/3dlight/darkshadow are pretty Windows oriented. These are properties that were exposed in IE, and turned the scrollbars into Windows Classic (95) scrollbars.

If we do plan to expose scrollbar properties, can we at least expose something sensible that's useful to web developers ? Web developers don't want to style scrollbars to end up with Windows Classic styling.

It doesn't have something as elaborate as the webkit approach, but it can at least be more useful than giving Windows 95 style scrollbars.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by nt1m
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1956#issuecomment-344963919 using your GitHub account