Re: [csswg-drafts] [mediaqueries-4] More explicit clarification for when any-* 'none' evaluates to true

From: Alexis Menard via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2017 20:46:35 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> Do you mean you ignored the trackpad (assuming the laptop scenario had one)? Or do you mean that both any-hover:none (for the touchscreen) and any-hover:hover (for the trackpad) evaluated to true? From discussion in #737, I believe the latter was not the intention of the spec at the time - hence my clarification.

I meant in the laptop with touchscreen and trackpad/mouse any-hover:none (for the touchscreen) and any-hover:hover (for the trackpad) matched to true. Therefore the clarification of this PR slightly change the behavior because in that particular case any-hover:none would not evaluate to true anymore.

> correct. any-hover:none should only evaluate to true if there are NO inputs at all that are hover-capable. so, for instance, a pure touchscreen device like a phone (but if you then pair a bluetooth mouse with the phone and it results in a hover-capable mouse pointer, like on android/windows 10 on mobile, then any-hover:none should be false due to the mouse being detected).

Ok then we need to adjust our Android implementation as well.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by darktears
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/pull/842#issuecomment-344723100 using your GitHub account