[csswg-drafts] [mediaqueries-4] interaction media features (any-pointer, etc) still at risk?

From: Masataka Yakura via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2017 07:36:32 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
myakura has just created a new issue for https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts:

== [mediaqueries-4] interaction media features (any-pointer, etc) still at risk? ==
I found that the `hover`, `any-hover`, `pointer`, and `any-pointer` media features are marked as at risk.

> The following features are at-risk, and may be dropped during the CR period:
> * the hover, any-hover, pointer, and any-pointer media features
https://drafts.csswg.org/mediaqueries-4/#status

But my quick testing and caniuse show that they're actually supported in 3 engines (Blink, EdgeHTML, WebKit).
https://caniuse.com/#feat=css-media-interaction

Mozilla sent an intent to implement last month, so hopefully they'll be well supported pretty soon.
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/mozilla.dev.platform/WhXB19qGVkI

So, I'm not sure why they're still marked as so. Are there other reasons besides implementations?

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1989 using your GitHub account