[csswg-drafts] [css-images] [css-gcpm] Overloaded definitions of element()

From: Jirka Kosek via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2017 10:12:45 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
kosek has just created a new issue for https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts:

== [css-images] [css-gcpm] Overloaded definitions of element() ==
Hi,

I have noticed that the following two modules define element() function/notation in the completely different way:

https://www.w3.org/TR/css-images-4/#element-notation
https://www.w3.org/TR/css-gcpm-3/#funcdef-element

I see that css-images define element() for use in properties that can reference image whereas css-gcpm currently uses element() for content property. But using same function name for different purposes and with different function arguments is very confusing for CSS authors.

Each function should be named differently or their behaviour should be unified.

Jirka

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1981 using your GitHub account