Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-logical-1] [css-cascade-3] The all longhand probably shouldn't set logical properties.

From: Emilio Cobos Álvarez via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2017 12:35:22 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I just realized that there's a gotcha, and it's that you can't optimize out redundant setters anymore, unless it's the last position on the declaration block.

For example, all browsers I know of implement an optimization to avoid doing stuff in the case the property set had the same value. This is no longer applicable unless the property is at the end of the block, which isn't great... :(

--
GitHub Notification of comment by emilio
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1898#issuecomment-343141553 using your GitHub account